Looking for a dental career in Courtenay? Join the Driftwood Dental team.
Current Open Positions
Patient Care Coordinator - Driftwood Dental
Conveniently located in the Comox Valley, Driftwood Dental has been serving the community since 1992. We offer a wide range of services, including general and cosmetic dentistry, dentures, orthodontics, oral surgery and emergency procedures.
We pride ourselves on providing quality dental care and 4.6 stars on Google reviews, evidence of our exceptional patient service, commitment to continuous learning and innovative technology.
Additionally, through working within the dentalcorp network, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the industry’s leading clinicians and have greater access to the advanced treatment technologies and training & development, and support.
Schedule: Monday to Thursday 8.00am - 4.00 pm
Benefits of Joining Our Team:
• Competitive compensation
• Total rewards package that offers discounts on many services and activities including an exclusive corporate gym membership program; reduced rates on home and auto insurance; unlimited access to a variety of discounted entertainment, hotels, products, services and so much more!
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) that connects team members and their families with complimentary, confidential, short-term counseling and advisory services
• Career development to grow and evolve as a dental professional on your individual career path, including access to industry-leading continuing education
• Attend social and CE events to network with dental professionals in your community
• Work-life balance and flexibility
• Access to modernized technology to provide optimal oral care to patients
The wage range for the Patient Coordinator position is starting at
$23-30.75/hour depending on experience. Hourly wage is
determined based on the candidate's work experience and will
be discussed during the interview process.
• Make a positive and lasting impression on the patient, from the moment they arrive at the practice to the moment they leave
• Responsible for optimizing the appointment schedule by ensuring the day is full, with limited gaps
• Manage all patient calls and inquiries with a smile: appointments, confirmations, and amendments
• Manage potential cancellations and overcome objections to motivate the patient to keep the appointment
• Bill patients as they come out of the treatment room, take payment, send a claim form to insurance, respond to all fee inquiries in a positive manner
• Effectively manage the recall system and accurately maintain the patient database
• Process referral letters and other patient correspondence upon receipt from the provider
• Manage and file all patient records and charts
• Demonstrate active listening and empathy to patients using effective communication skills
• Minimum 1 year of Administrator experience
• Clinical background considered an asset
• Experience with Dental software
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Team at 416-558-8338. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
Submit your resume to be notified about future openings in your area.
From Our Dental Team
Our team of dental professionals is dedicated to caring for the smiles of patients in the Courtenay community. We welcome you to join our team.
Why work at Driftwood Dental?
Driftwood Dental is proud to be an active member of the Courtenay community, and strives to provide exceptional oral health care for individuals and families.
Our team is committed to clinical excellence and aims to create a positive patient experience. We care for our people and seek, as a team, to provide comprehensive dentistry to our patients.