At Driftwood Dental, we use dental lasers in many of our dental treatments. Dental lasers are used to treat a variety of issues for both children and adults.
For patients who do not look forward to needles, drilling, or numbness, lasers can offer many options for dental treatment depending on your needs.
The laser delivers energy in the form of light. Depending on the intended result, this energy travels at different wavelengths and is absorbed by a “target.” In dentistry, these targets can be enamel, decay, or gum tissue. Each one absorbs a different wavelength of light while reflecting others. For soft tissue (surgical) procedures it can eliminate the need for suturing and the site may heal quicker.
Lasers can be used to diagnose cavities. They can find hidden decay in teeth in early stages, and in some cases, the decay can be reversed through hygiene and fluoride treatment and may never need filling.
The Benefits of Dental Lasers
- Cavity diagnosis and removal
- Curing, or hardening, bonding materials
- Periodontal, or gum related, care
- Pediatric procedures
- Canker sore treatment
- Frenectomy (tongue-tie release) without anesthesia or sutures
- Root canals and apicoectomies
- Crown lengthening, gingivectomy and other gum corrections
« Go Back