At Driftwood Dental, we use dental lasers in many of our dental treatments. Dental lasers have been shown to be safe and effective for treating both children and adults.
For patients who do not look forward to needles, drilling, or numbness, Lasers offer many options for dental treatment.
The laser delivers energy in the form of light. Depending on the intended result, this energy travels at different wavelengths and is absorbed by a “target.” In dentistry, these targets can be enamel, decay, gum tissue, or whitening enhancers. Each one absorbs a different wavelength of light while reflecting others. For soft tissue (surgical) procedures it eliminates the need for suturing and healing is much faster.
Lasers can be used to diagnose cavities. They can find hidden decay in teeth in early stages, and in some cases, the decay can be reversed through hygiene and fluoride treatment and may never need filling.
The Benefits of Dental Lasers
- Cavity diagnosis and removal
- Curing, or hardening, bonding materials
- Whitening teeth
- Periodontal, or gum related, care
- Pediatric procedures
- Canker sore treatment
- Frenectomy (tongue-tie release) without anesthesia or sutures
- Root canals and apicoectomies
- Crown lengthening, gingivectomy and other gum corrections
« Go Back